Overcoming Eyes





As I walked in the door, there she was off in the distance scampering to come my way. Her exquisite delight that was always poured out on me, that was always so delicately shown, pulled and tugged at my heart in a way that was irresistible. The problem at this interlude, others were in the way and my attention was divided between people and communication at hand that she was momentarily lost in the crowd.

Moments later, as the meeting was proceeding with much passionate exchange, there she was ... Those eyes that were drawing me in like a powerful retractor beam. Those in the meeting could see my distraction, but could not totally capture the reason because she was so subtle in the way she positioned herself to catch my attention. Those eyes!!

I can't totally pull together the perfectly placed words to describe what was happening ... But I can tell you this: she was relentless in her approach to not only get my attention but to get into my arms. She had that childlike fear of certain characters whose mannerisms were not as approachable as others. This did create an anxiousness to her movements in the background. 

Finally I strongly and purposely motioned for her to come to me; oh yes it interrupted the meeting a bit ... But when she finally rested in the comfort of my arms, she turned on the beauty of innocence and began that tender delicate whispering of her desires. And again I was completely oblivious to my surroundings - there was nothing but me and her tender relentless pleas for my attention, my care, my time, for me.

"Delight Thyself also in the LORD, and He shall give thee the desired of thine heart." Psalm 37:4 

Don't be afraid to develop that tender, delicate, extravagant relationship with your God that reflexively grows from a grateful heart, that longs for nothing more than Him. Even more intense is this: His desire for this with you; because this "Delight", that grows in us, is a product of His desire for Us. And our knowledge, what to fearlessly ask, is the result of our growing New Kingdom nature that was gifted to us at Salvation.

Wouldn't it be awesome if our walk with Him had that childlike courageous desire to be near to Him in every moment and advent of our life? Delighting ourselves in totally Him... As He will constantly be giving us the knowledge and courage of the plea-full desires that we seek of Him.

Today, this powerful relationship is ours 
- see His purposeful and tender gestures, 
and overwhelming words of love drawing us to Him...
 As more and more He becomes all that we want.

HLFA,

Jeff

The eyes of His children overcome Him. Song of Solomon 4:9