Home Safe???

Background: Woke up Saturday morning to find a text on my now charged cell phone ...Home Safe?

"How can you do that?"
I heard these (almost insulting) words that brought me back to consciousness, and rescued my left front tire from the embarrassment of running over the middle yellow line noise makers. (And sparing us the night in the ditch or possibly the hospital or worse on this side of the veil).

I know what she meant, less than two miles from home and I was ready(even though driving) to drop into a deep sleep. I had lost all concern for anyone remotely connected to me, who might be counting on the potentially uncertain fact that WE would arrive home safely. Yes, WE...she was counting on it also, especially being the passenger, and especially being the wife.

Although I'm not narcoleptic...I can sit down in a comfortable chair and be asleep in 30 seconds (a great assist when doing power naps, but not a wonderful feature when driving)... so you CAN SEE why my "beautifully sensitive to weird steering wheel movements" and beautiful (on top of that) wife is such a great "help meet".

Narcolepsy in our faith can be dangerous if we have wrestled with and resisted the truths of God's Word for great lengths of time... (quit your wrestling and let Him love you) I still find many ... MANY... not understanding Who provides and protects our salvation, and who is unworthy of it; Who has offered eternal life as a GIFT, and who will never be able to earn it, though not having to; Who is the only WAY, only TRUTH, only LIFE (no man comes to the Father but through Him) and who is still satisfied with .... trying to find another way, thinking there is another truth, struggling to make it to a better life ...alone.................NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Without Jesus ... the eternal answer to "Home Safe?" ...is sadly and hopelessly ... no.

Trust His simple and soul satisfying words found in I John 5: 11-15

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask , we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

ASK for the important request of your heart ... if you haven't .. Ask if you haven't and trust ....
"Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, I know I can't save myself from the consequences of sin ... 
I'm trusting your death on the cross as payment for my sin, and believe that your rose from
the grave to secure me ...for you... because of you, someday I will be Home Safe...
Thank you Jesus for Saving me! Amen."

Thank him if you've asked ...and by His word ...KNOW you have eternal life...because of Jesus.

Dedicated to loving friends that want to know we've arrived home safely.

HLFA,

Jeff