Scrap the Cross...There Has to be Another Way!

You know, the more I stand back and look at the gatherings that are called "church" , the more I wonder if we have set the old rugged cross away in relic container where we pull it out some times as a last resort to ward off evil spirits or to bolster our position. So much comparison ( My cross is bigger than yours!)and so little compassion (Let's kneel together!). So much fellowship is based on common complaints (Whine about the cost) instead of Christ-like companionship (Win the lost). THE CROSS HAS BEEN WHITE WASHED ...GUILDED WITH GOLD ...HUNG ON A CHAIN ... BE-DAZZLED... GLAM-I-FIED ...

...and not just physically.

The cross in this jewelry-like form has been added to the pile of powerless religious objects only to be worn if it is appropriate for the occasion. Similiar to what has happened to the cross in so many of our lives ...to be lived only if there is an obvious gain for our livelihood.

DO YOU TRULY REALIZE THAT

The Cross of Christ was the place where the penalty of sin, demanded by the law, was satisfied once and for all...for ALL who believe?

DO YOU TRULY REALISE THAT

The Cross of Christ was a heinous display of human cruelty and suffering and the participant died? HE DIED FOR AND BECAUSE OF YOUR SINS?

DO YOU TRULY REALISE THAT THROUGH FAITH YOU JOIN HIM THERE?

GALATIANS 2:20 "I am crucified what goes on a cross is not coming back unscarred or alive

....to stake ... drive down stakes ... to fortify with driven stakes ... to palisade .... to crucify ....to crucify one ..... to crucify alone with ... death.

with Christ: nevertheless I live ; I move and breath and have real life ...free from the curse of the law??

yet not I, what in the world am I ??? but Christ liveth in me: from the empty tomb to fill an empty heart ....

and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God Do I?, who loved me, and gave himself for me".

NOW HOW SHOULD THIS AFFECT OUR LIFE and OUR LIVES TOGETHER? IS THERE TRUE JOY AND LIBERTY TO BE FOUND WHEN CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST?

HLFA,

Jeff