Until These Camamities Be Over Past

Psalm 57
Vs. 1 - "Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in Thee: yea, in the shadow of Thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be over past." 

And the battle unexpectedly erupted in a furious clash of uncontrollable emotions, indistinguishable expressions, inaudible exclamations, and a blinding flurry of defensive and offensive movements. In totality, all strength was expended beyond the man; and then exhaustion overtook the scene as it melted into a smoky mist and a narcoleptic silence. I awoke with that feeling of "I can't catch my breath" type of panic.

Vs. 2,3 - "I will cry unto God most high: unto God that performs all thing for me. He shall send from Heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth His mercy and truth."

The night had long blanketed us within the stench of burning garbage (or was it flesh?); my sleep was violently restless with dreams filled with the cries of the innocents. Not daring to open my eyes, I cried out fearfully but without a voice, I had fallen mute ... Because I knew not my bearings in the thick black of this abandonment, fear had gripped me in a choke hold. 

My eyes were challenged by what I saw in the pale morning light... Shockingly -- Vs. 4 - "My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword." Even with this fearful unfolding vision sending terror through my veins, strangely there was something rising like churning waves of melody, harmony and rhythm from my innermost being; though frail in its delivery, it had begun: I cried - Vs. 5 - "Be Thou exalted, O God, above the heavens, let Thy glory be above all the earth." 

Vs. 6 - What was this that had caused me to awe? "They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: that have digged a pit before me, INTO THE MIDST WHEREOF THEY ARE FALLEN THEMSELVES. SELAH!" 

The trap laid for me was now their adversity - the roar, the threatening, the peril of being held between pity and cruelty had almost overwhelmed me against the blaze of their unbridled passions...was now stifled in the pit prepared for my demise. I was free!!!

Standing there in the midst of my enemy's defeat, the song began to crescendo and it began to take wings and rise: Vs. 7-11 - 
"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed:
I will sing and give praise. 
Awake up, my glory;
Awake, psaltery and harp:
I myself will awake early.I will praise Thee, O LORD, among the people:
I will sing unto Thee among the nations.
For Thy mercy is great unto the heavens, 
and Thy truth unto the clouds.
Be Thou exalted, O God, above the heavens:
Let Thy glory be above all the earth."

For those of us who stand in peril - arise and sing of His deliverance!
For those of us who stand in darkness - cry out for the Light of His Love!
For those of us who have been freed from the threat - Let us Arise, and exalt our God and Savior ... Let His mercy and glory shine through us!

HLFA,
Jeff

PS .. Dec.1 - Happy Birthday Mammaw, Mom Ruth, tasting Heaven, rest. 
        Dec. 2 - Happy Birthday to my brother David - Standing in the Promises, don't give up.