Hear My Heartbeat

Righteousness as vindicated, justification in controversy, deliverance to a prosperous victory: He weighs out what is right for us, and measures out what is just so that His people, by merit of His "covenant by sacrifice", can enjoy His salvation. This Heaven sent, fully empowered Righteousness shall move in amazing ways before His Face; and will appropriately fashion our purposeful placement in the way of the rhythmic pulse of His Steps. He is the beat, the pulse, the anvil, the anvil stroke, the footfall of our life, The Heartbeat … Walk with Jesus.

Awake to rhythm in His steps …"Once, twice, thrice, as His time on our time... At His repetition, at our pace, at His occurrence, His once, His now … Now; now at length, at one time...at another, with us in His Heartbeat." Being sensitive to His foundational "Life Beat" is the liberation of the joy of our life. Breathe in the daily newness of His path.

"Righteous shall go before Him, and shall set us in the way of His steps." Psalm 85:13

Oh that negative voice that would always taunt me from out of the depths of my pain; it was always trying to drown out the sound of His footfall. The voice of the pain would strive to usurp and steal the power of His authority over me. It would cause me to hesitate in staking my claim on the blessings that You would place before me. I would curse my day in the beginning instead of praising Your Name, because of the pain, because of the gnawing ache. 

The pain would constantly growl "you are a cripple" and in total agreement with my momentary halt-ness; but You cry "You are whole!" and Your cry pleas with my faith to only … Trust. So I will.

I would always pillow my head with full intentions of stretching out to praise His mercy and listen for His footfall early upon my next awaking; but pain and doubt are always ready to greet me. Falling on the face of my heart, the treasure chest of Your word opened before my brokenness … The truth was evidently proclaimed before, doubt was tearing at my ability to believe; then I quieted my soul to sense the meeting of Mercy and Truth, and tearfully watched as Righteousness and Peace embraced and kissed. 

But how can this be? Truth and Righteousness were the adversaries of my failures; and wasn't pain the proof that I was outside of the blessings of Mercy and Peace? I cried out, Then I heard the Footfall … And I felt His righteousness lift and carry me. Strength was returning as I was gently placed in His safety, and my eyes were once again opened before the terribly wonderful "Place of the Skull" … I heard the pounding pulse of the hammer and the sharp ring of the nail, I saw the blood, and shuttered at the pain that Eternal Love bore there for me. His Now was my now … Once, twice, thrice I heard the Footfall. I now stretched my handicapped frame in praise before Him and Grace kissed me. I am whole. 

"Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because Thou hast holpen me, and comforted me." Psalm 86:17 

HLFA,

Jeff

"He heard my fragile heartbeat, 
and paced His Heart to mine … 
Behold, now, I hear His heartbeat, 
O to know, Love Divine." 
Exert poem from The Scarlet Sinner