A Letter From my Heart to my Heart

"For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: For it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith; for as it is written, the just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who hold the truth in unrighteousness, because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for GOD hath showed it unto them." Romans 1:16-18

Buckle your seatbelt for this next moment of devotional surgery: Daily - Walking among mankind (there are souls that need to be radically attached by faith to the Good News of Jesus), I dare not put on the pious vesture of a disfiguring and dishonoring appearance of disgrace. By Adorning the Gospel with a mute and powerless faith that holds the truth captive, hidden and unexplained... many who desire a reason for the hope that is in a "Follower of Christ" will be left in the "Darkness" of unbelief. This mute ashamed life actually gives glory to ungodliness and unrighteousness that is holding mankind in the chains of unrighteousness... If God has spoken into us and showed the truth miraculously to us, then what gives us the right to ration out the Gospel in places, portions and seasons that we declare as our "way" to expose faith ... He hath said, for time and eternity, "Now is the accepted time, Now is the Day of Salvation!" Who are we to hold down the truth in silence?

8-18-2016

Dear Heart of Hearts,

I felt the pain, and I held the tears in momentary suspension after an abrupt end of a business phone conversation today. There wasn’t even the human courtesy of a “good-bye”, just the silence of a rude disconnect. A potential brother on the other end of the phone refuses to acknowledge a spiritual existence in the name of “it is just business”.

I tremble inside because he openly wears a uniform to announce that he is a unique member of his Kingdom class, while denying the NOW existence of eternity. His sect still holds a strange separation that is touted "as for the sake of holiness", but it appears to be in place to protect their corner of the kingdom from outsiders who may bring in impurities?

So - Hell has a sign on this side of the great Chasm between Earth and its horrendous burning, "no second chance", gnashing of teeth, weeping and wailing eternity that reads - "Closed during business hours!" Go figure???

The world of men that feel the lost-ness of their lives are dying to know that The Faith that brings abundant, eternal life is not held selfishly captive by a chosen few. O the ache that I carry when I find that the Glory of God is suppressed by vain philosophical living and life robbing traditions (that in light of the FREE GIFT OF GOD are edging on blasphemy); an ache so purifyingly disruptive that I can taste the metallic acidity of the corrosion of power. My God, my God ...why have they forsaken Thee?

As the tears dropped from my eyes and cascaded to my cheeks – I bowed my soul before the Lover of it: "Father, When will we learn that you SO LOVED THE WORLD, that You gave, willingly, your eternal pride and joy, Jesus, ---He, who is everything that is sacred, was sacrificed on His cruel crux of sin's death for “whosoever” believes. Who am I to decide ...who, when, and why the Gospel should be given?"

His Love For All... has pressed and pierced into my heart and yours,

Jeff