Wait-less Vision

Limited Vision? Why is that we squint when we are trying to hear something better?

Going through an intersection, just outside of Greensboro, NC on Rt. 220, a car directly behind me (a small profile car with limited view around me and of the road ahead of me), started laying on his horn because it appeared that I was not moving fast enough. Problem; his vision did not allow him to see the car directly in front of me nor the string of cars ahead that literally had a line-up that stretched ahead of us more than a mile or two long ... due to construction.

As we moved ahead, the road briefly opened to the right of us and he raced his engine to go around the right of me to gain a better position ... right in front of me (I made the space for him so that he did not end up headlong into a concrete construction barrier .. wow!! He truly made dramatic progress.). If had hadn't allowed him the space to get in front of me he might have faced greater devastation than bearing impatience. The reality was that he was now in the same delayed position, just ahead of me, and behind an larger vehicle than mine. Aren't we all much like this when our focus is getting there instead focusing on the One who forges the road ahead of us.

Psalm 25:5 - "Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me: for Thou art The God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day." Here is a great formula to start a day, a week, a moment ... a journey : Developing a daily reflex to desire to follow His Leading, (He desires to teach us His Truth)and then living every day - all day -  in the expectation of His personal tutoring.

And why would we assume that He would do this? Here is a very valuable truth to get a hold of ..."Thou art the God of my Salvation ... my total moment by moment Deliverance!"

When we have abandoned our faith to the finished work of the Cross of Jesus for our eternal rescue and reclamation, God not only declares us righteous for all generations, but He molds and makes us to be less and less like the world and more and more like Him with ever step of our existence on this side of Heaven. In final deliverance from this temporal existence, we are fully passed from any hint of Hell (total separation from life) unto an eternal absolutely fulfilling life in Heaven ... forever with Him.

- Why is it that His Truth is not embraced daily to help us get our bearings for one more day?
- Why ... out of all the relationships that could be cultivated for our total benefit that The Key Relationship is given the least attention?
- Why is it that of all people that could live victorious, we are pulled down by gravity most?
- Why do we let disappointments from the past hunt us down and continue to blur any vision of hope and success for our future?
- Why do we feel that God would only give us seconds, scraps, and crumbs instead trusting His love for us with His abundant availability to offer us the best?

While we live in the squander and the feces of our own perceived failure and rejection of ourselves - He waits for our slightest turn of hope, so that He can rush in and open the resources of eternity to us.

STOP WHERE WE ARE, JUST AS WE ARE and realize NOW IS THE ACCEPTED TIME ... NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION! In our frustration to push ahead, to get our own way ... because the person in front of us is blocking the way ... we are missing the gift of "Waiting".

Is it BECAUSE we have not yet learned to wait on Him? Why are we so afraid to wait on Him? Could waiting on God, who holds time and eternity, be a waste of time (Never we say?)? ... While we wait ...Are we willing to listen? If we are listening, do we truly hear? If we have the opportunity to hear ...what do we truly want to hear? What do you desire for Him to say to you?

Psalm 27:14 - "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Brokenhearted? Need courage and strength - "I Am" your courage and strength.

Psalm 37: 7 - "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself because of him that prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass." Troubled by the pressures of the present world? Look no further - "I AM" your rest, trust what I will give you.

Psalm 37:9 - "For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth." Tempted to be like everyone else? "I AM" your inheritance.

Psalm 130:5 - "I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in His Word do I hope." I Wait - every bit of me --- "I AM" your hope, hear my word.

Many times in my adventurous excursions through this life -
I find that rain appears on my soul's windows
My heart cries out "I want to hear you,"
"Please love me with Your Spirit, "
"Please love me with Your words."

And as I wait, and the adventure slows, the excursion stills -
I find a Wind from above, now sweeps and holds,
Your heart cries back "I do love you,
"Wait on My Spirit to show!"
"Wait on My Word and know!" -- "I love you!"

There is no traffic ahead of me: it is You and I on Your road together, eternity ahead, in Your time!

Wait-less Vision is the unrecognized Blindspot of the impatient saint.

HLFA,

Jeff


1 John 2:11 - "But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not wither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes."