There Came a Leper

I heard the News, a Healing One was going to pass my way and this would be that opportunity that I needed to be free from the debilitating effects of Tzaraath. BUT What was the proper way to approach such a One that could cause Him to heal me? What would I need to orchestrate a display of my sincerity in my approach to Him?

I was slowly becoming a social outcast since first contracting the disease. I am still not sure how the infection began but it manifested itself near my mouth, eyes, ear, nose and hands. What I saw first were very slightly uncolored (almost bleached white) patches of receptive tissue. At first it was easy to cover up on my own because it was small in its physical manifestation and could be easily covered with a good foundational makeup. But as it infected more and more of the parts of my body, the cover-up became more and more difficult.

To those outside my "slow death" affliction, I was becoming more disfigured, increasing clumsy and more repulsive. Oh, I forgot to tell you about the numbness that was setting in as my body tried to fight off the disease all by itself. The Tzaraath began working its way into my nerve centers with a relentless inflammation that was destroying the sense of touch and the awareness of pain. The body literally was stunned into a state of growing collective and receptive ignorance, allowing this uncontrollable response: the good cells would rope off the infected cells creating a total disconnect from true healing.

Being trapped in this walking death, the only way I knew to cope was through a reclusive ambiguity and limited communication with the uninfected (I was embarrassed). Most of my outcry for help was now vented via the "unclean" chat sites (that I later found were set up to trap those like me and further wall us away from society). But while I sought out these "fellowship of suffering" chat sires, I kept seeing posts of a different type of Hope.

I was learning that I was not alone and that there was a cure -- there was One that had the cure. I needed Him, and if only I could find Him ... I would fall at His feet and let Him know that I believed that He was my only Hope. At His feet I would remain, at His steps I would follow, I would throw my life completely at His mercy, and I would not leave Him or let Him go ... Here is where worship in Truth and Spirit would arise. And the assembly saw this and said "Cast out the Leper!"

Matthew 8:2 - "And behold, there came a leper and worshipped Him, saying, LORD, if Thou wilt, Thou canst make me clean".

O Church of the Living God - It is imperative that we catch this snapshot of TRUE worship (for it is repeated over and over and over in the Words of scripture) "BEHOLD" -- "THERE CAME A LEPER" this is where worship begins, not with a high powered, emotionally driven worship service, nor with flashy shows of "look at me on stage with my sanctimonious expression of pumped up sincerity" and cries to join in "if you really mean it too". Stop the distortion for a moment and "BEHOLD" --"THERE CAME A LEPER AND WORSHIPPED HIM" - watch the Leper humbly bow his rotting frame, open his wounded heart, and pour out his shattered spirit before JESUS. The Leper has absolutely nothing to offer but knows that only Jesus has what he truly needs. "SAYING, LORD, IF THOU WILT" - Lord, You are able and if you desire, if you long to, if you are willing to... if you will LOVE ME ... "YOU can make me clean".

Worship is -- staying before Jesus until You realize the truth -- There is no "IF" with our God when it comes to us ... that He is not only able, but His desire, His longing, His will .. is to LOVE US in an Extravagantly Extraordinary Way.

Don't get caught up in the obscenity that has always waltzed in and out of the Kingdom, that unknowingly but purposely is isolating the Kids of the Kingdom into thinking that a "Worship Service" is a way to get God to see our sincerity and therefore respond to our need.

Sorry Lepers -- we just need to quit pretending we are OK, and lay our rot before Him and let the "IF" be destroyed by His desire to love us ... Let us stay before Him, until we realize He has reached out and touched us.

Matthew 8:3 - "And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed."

HLFA,

Jeff