Before the Door

There before me was "The Door". I knew that upon opening it there would be no turning back. This was not the first time, nor would it be the last time that I would find myself here with great heaviness. So I stood momentarily, clenching the Love Letter close to my breast.

Be it known, this Door was not a barrier like fear that can paralyze me and keep me from moving forward. Nor would it cause me to hesitate because of a negative prophecy that I potentially could be carrying on my fragile shoulders. For daily, and many times, I would race to "The Door", burst right in, and climb into the Daddy Chair without even a jot of inhibition. "The Door" was a moment, a breath, a transition point that reminded me that not only did I have full access to what was beyond, but that when the door was closed behind me it would be just me and Our Pater (Father).

Here I was again ... no guarded feelings, no words reserved in caution. Here I was with the opportunity within my grasp to be loved extravagantly by the LORD of all Eternity; for He is my Father.

As I paused, I pulled the Love Letter away from my tight grasp and looked once more at His Words. {Please understand, I was in great duress. My life, as I knew it, was being ripped to shreds because of facial expressions, words, feelings, current events, suspicions, body language, past memories, and fear of a cursed and wretched future. The events of my current living were almost too oppressive to bear. They were like riding an unending nightmare of a rollercoaster with no way to get off.}

As I read over My Father's written words, I could hear His Voice saying, "Don't talk to me like you are an outsider or an outcast throwing useless accolades and oppressive psycho-babble my way... I am your Father." Wow! I almost stepped into that one because the events of my life had caused me to question if I even belonged to Daddy. Now my heart was settled enough to read on and let Him establish my thoughts ... Here is His outline to keep me on track before I moved through the door:

"Our Father, who art in Heaven" - I do belong to you and your influence is above me.
"Hallowed be Thy Name" - I can be still, because even at the sound of your Name I am in awe of how You are so wonderfully different than All of your creation.
"Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven" - Your pattern of Love from Above is your desired pattern for Love Here Below; and you will have your desire... And your desire is me.
"Give us this day our daily bread" - First steps to living here below is to trust You with our daily needs, You will provide and You have provided.
"Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors" - Forgiveness is to be our mode of operandi, not an oppressive lifestyle of keeping the books for repay or retribution.

HOLD ON! Wow!! I had to stop here because this is where I needed to start. I was not planning to forgive, and it was seriously affecting my view of the Father's forgiveness of me. Now I can claim what is ahead in the Love Letter "knowing" He will take care of me.

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from Evil" - Father, You don't want to just be there bearing us as we crawl helplessly in our own strength through trials and troubles, but You want to rescue us from the divisive impact and oppressive addictions that can cling to our lives when "trusting You" is out of our focus.
"For Thine is the Kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever... Amen!"

Forgive me Father, for I lost sight of the fact that this whole life is so much bigger than me, but Your care for me comes from Your Unfailing Love that always welcomes me in with everything You are and all You have to offer...
O sweet eternity, kiss this fragile and broken time with hope from the Father, to keep me on my way until I am finally Home with Him, forever.

I pushed, The Door opened, and I raced into the arms of Our Father, He was there for me.
He is there for you!
Come to Him!

HLFA,

Jeff

Ref: Matthew 6:7-15