Arrogance is not His Style

God is not Ignoring You (He is not Arrogant)

Friday morning, on my way to work and praying, I fell to crying; and realizing that just because God has the abundance of supply to meet my every need, He doesn't trivialize my pain and confusion. His compassion isn't just a gesture to make me think He loves me. He literally will collapse with me when I am falling apart, and then bring the supply in such a way that my soul knows in experiential terms that He does love me. He doesn't flaunt His power and glory over me to belittle me in my weakest moments. He does not ornately strew His wisdom before me to humiliate me when I'm feeble because of earthly demoralization. Yes, however, He overwhelms me, but not like a "know-it-all" or an all-powerful dominant bully; I am overwhelmed by the love wherewith He loves me. "Oh, How He loves you and me!"

In these times Scripture may consolidate in my mind to paint the picture ... so that even though there may appear to be a disconnect, there is now a connection the awes me before His Presence. Though the passages of scripture may be snippets of stories, they take me closer to Him just like photos from a scrapbook. Below is the passages that came to me first while driving:

Heb.4:15 - "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."
Luke 18:13 - "And the Publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto Heaven, but smote upon his beast, saying , God be merciful unto me a sinner."
Luke 15:20 - "And he arose , and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off , his father saw him, and had compassion , and ran , and fell on his neck, and kissed him."

These passages caused me to mingle feelings of awe with an understanding of how He would provide for the need of those for whom I was praying. I was flooded with the sense of an overwhelming assurance that not only was He able to supply, but He was rushing to supply as I prayed. Oh! How He loves you and me.

See our great High Priest, touched by the feelings of our weaknesses, fully knowing we are paralyzed and have need of Him coming to us. Yes, we feel so unworthy of His care ... we fully expect that He will just pass us by or write us off because of all of our poor and foolish decisions. Then to our surprise HE HAS RUN TO US AND CLOSED THE DISTANCE; and no matter how soiled we may be, in His great compassion He falls into an embrace of us, and kisses us in our most vulnerable moment. Oh, how He loves you and me. (Trust me ... that kiss will bring full supply with it!)

Then a strange thing happened, in the midst of my joy for the assurance of His supply for His own … my heart broke once again and I began to weep as if I had no hope. As this happened these passages then patch-worked into my heart:

I Peter 5:8 - "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"
Luke 16:23 – "And in Hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, ..."
Rev. 4:11 - "And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night,"

Such a stark and horrendous contrast thrown before my heart's eyes! He pulled my heart in a direction to pray for the “lost” ... Oh the hopeless end of those who feel they have no need of forgiveness and have no desire to trust in a God (whom they do not see for that forgiveness). Though many may look unscathed, successful and without a care, that will change abruptly with the last breath or the last beat of their heart as they find themselves in a hopeless never ending chaos without Him. Yes, fully overwhelmed, my heart cannot fathom the fury of a Godless Hell, but He is not arrogant about this end of a lost soul. He has invested the wealth of Heaven to rescue any and all who will call on Him. He calls us to join Him daily in His burden as He lifts ours ... Oh, how will you love, as He loves you and me? Do not be afraid to pray - come boldly to the throne of grace!

HLFA,

Jeff