Oh Those Eyes!

I can see it like it was yesterday, although he has changed faces, times and places, He still has those beautiful heaven-wonder eyes. Whether deep blue, dark brown, alfalfa field green or hazelnut swirl, those eyes are poking a hole in my inner most being and tugging tears from my aching soul.

I can still sense the texture of his hair (whether dark and matted, cotton candy-like blond, bristly brown, or fiery red) as the fingers of my spirit trace a blessing through each colorful tangle. He is standing outside a large entry door with his rosy cheeked face pressed to the glass making a most awkward expression causing me laugh over and over again.

I see him turning in a crowd looking back at me as the crowd swallows him up once again, but I saw those eyes as he melted away into anonymity, and I sensed the ache of life from his soul … “Where will I go?” ...”Who will love me no matter what?” … “Who will protect my innocence or drag it from my life and rape me of an opportunity to know real love?” Oh, the hurtful look!

Even when I close my eyes I can hear his youthful voice in all it's glory of fresh expression and whimsical questions full of mispronounced words uttered only to create a bridge to my heart. “If God is way up there how can he see me way down here? He must have really good eyes!” “With all the hurting people in the world God must have a really big broken heart...don't you think?”

Through his simplicity biased heart, he senses God feels more, sees the smallest hurt, hears the faintest cry and has the potential to care, give and love so much more than anyone on Earth. He will be comforted in knowing that God cried when the little birdie died in the front yard, even though no one else saw it happen or showed up for the dew glazed funeral … “God cares, yes He does!” “Oh yes He does!” He will argue this until he is blue in the face.

Somehow I have sensed him, in the moments that I have seen the final brokenness on display within the homes of the “funeral”. I even thought I've caught him peeking at me beyond the shrubbery of the memorial garden lanes as if to let me know … “I'm OK, my Jesus has called me home to play!”

No more brokenness, no more lies, no more fear, no more night, no more pain, no more heartache, no more scars, no more stains, no more death. “I can see Jesus now, trust me, He is altogether beautiful!”

“Come unto Him all ye that are heave laden ...and He will give you rest...fer sure.”

Matthew 18: 1. At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? 2. And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3. And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4.Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5.And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. 6. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Satan and the fallen world we live in are doing everything in their power to destroy the little ones.

That is just the way it is for now, but Jesus is calling the little ones to come to Him. Are you part of that calling? Do not take part with the Scandalmongers who take pride in crushing innocence. Live a life that openly demonstrates a simple childlike faith in Jesus and celebrate the beauty of His pure love for us.

Was it that your heart was made to be broken, was it that your eyes were made for tears and not joy?


HLFA,

Jeff

In the waxing cold of the hearts of the last generation, with the faith of many faltering there too. There's a child looking on, left alone and thought unable. But the Faith that burns inside his heart cries, "Jesus I love you!"Borrowed from "Little Child" 1973 J.J. Redding