The Strength of Weakness - "Christmas"

CHRISTMAS 2011 -- Into the year with weakness!!!!

"Jesus is not my crutch ...He is my stretcher." (quote from somewhere in history , not mine but pretty cool). Most of the time though ...We are all so very proud of our humility; even to the point that we work real hard to promote it. We somehow recognize and label displayed piety as a true connection to Jesus. (The only time I seem to be able to act with great piety is when I am in an "touchy" mood, and that is because most of the pious that I have met through the years have been grouches). How about we trade our fake adult "acting like everything is OK" for the amazing naive faith of a child. Oh but wait - wait - wait, YES ...Our walk talks and our talk talks, and our walk may talk louder than our talk talks ... BUT no matter what I may appear to be to others ... What I am when no one is watching is truly who I am!! 

I am just little ole me.

Live with the childhood courage that is strengthened by a naive faith in this Warrior of my soul... Hooray for JESUS!!! Here comes the warrior of my soul in all his...vulnerability????

Luke 2:12
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes , lying in a manger.
A babe????

God brought salvation to us in the form of helplessness.
...in weakness
...unseen by those with great strength
...revealed to those with the least influence
...shown to those seeking
...under the cover of the star lit night
...wrapped in commonness
...protected by the helpless
...His Grace was delivered in weakness!

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

We receive His Grace with naive childlike faith.
Matthew 18:3
And said, Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mark 10:14
But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased , and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Now we live in the same weakness as when we first believed.
Live with a childish naive faith in the ability of Jesus to carry me through.

His Grace is possessed with unfailing strength for you.
His power is made complete in your need for His strength due to your weakness and infirmity...

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Check out the Christmas story one more time
...look at it with full naive faith
...look at how vulnerable our Savior was FOR US.

WHAT IS YOUR GIFT TO HIM THIS YEAR???
How about giving Him your childlike awe and wonder?
How about naively giving Him the rest of your life?

He can be trusted!!!

HLFA,

Jeff