Take 2 - Do We Really Want to Hear God's Answers?

Question 2 in Lamentations ...Lamentations 2:1 How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger!
Does God forget? Does He remember not? Here is the question restated with a little different vantage point ......listen and hear what is being said:
How, O how has the Lord, Adonai ...WHY???????
...beclouded the young daughters of ZION ("the parched place") , beclouding them in his breathing-Anger,
(and How has He)
...hurled down...the glory-beautiful splendour- honor -and renown of Israel ("God Prevails") from all of His Heavens(sky, universe and eternal) to the ground'
(and How has He)
...made no remembrance of the place to rest His feet in the duration of His breathing-anger?

.....FAST FORWARD .... "My God, My God ...Why has thou forsaken me?
The habitual race forward ... ever pushing to get my desire regardless of the consequences ... prone to choose what I want over what He wants. Even when pushing beyond the limits jeapardizes my wellbeing and place me in peril.
"My God, my God ...Why hast thou forsaken me?
While I was writing through these thoughts ... a call from outside came to my ears ...and again it came ... "Jeff, come quick, a small bird has his head caught in the feeder." Pulling on my shoes and gloves (not knowing what I was about to find), I raced outside to answer my wife's call. Sure enough, a small bird had his head stuck in the bird feeder, body limp and bloody on the outside of the feeder and head(unknown condition) on the inside of the fogged cyclinder. I gently wrapped my hand around the small body hoping that was all it would take ...BUT IT COULDN'T BE THAT EASY...stuck to the max. Pulling more would probably end the bird's brief life. Then I thought ... opening the top of the fogged cylinder I could see his little head way down at the bottom of the narrow cylinder, cocked to one side and wedged firmly in the jaw of the "metal" feeder opening. If only I could reach him!! ... unfortunately my hand cannot contort that narrow distance ... SOOO I sat the feeder on the ground, took a long straight stick and gently moved his head into the wider portion of the feeder opening. Immediately he popped out and brokenly fluttered into a nearby bush. Not even a look back to say ...Thanks!

The bird had overextended himself, reaching for what he desired that was not there(the feeder was empty), wedging himself fast ...totally at the mercy of whatever or whoever came along. It could have been a predator but instead it was MERCY. What a great momentary illustration of God's love!

And while we were yet over-extending ourselves into the perilous position of having God as our enemy, CHRIST DIED FOR US.

We should die for our foolish over-extensions, but He died in our place.

Lamantations 2:1 .... How is this happened? read way down in this chapter ... there was a grave mistake by those who should have "discovered or uncovered the iniquity of the nation....and now God was the enemy.

APPLICATION?????? Let me know. Hint: A Parched Place was in much need of a Prevailing God.

HLFA,

Jeff